Electrolysis is a permanent hair removal procedure that involves fine filament needle being inserted into hair follicles and then delivering an electric charge to the surrounding cells. Electrolysis is suited for all hair and skin types, eliminating thin, thick, and coarse hair. Unlike temporary methods, electrolysis stands as the only FDA-approved technique for permanent hair removal.
Our commitment to staying at the forefront of technological advancements in electrolysis allows us to offer the most advanced and comfortable treatments available. At Restore and Replenish Salon and Spa we use the Evolution 7HD sequential machine – combines maximum effectiveness with ultimate comfort. We also use disposable needles to ensure a safe and hygienic environment for every client.
During your initial consultation, we assess your individual needs and design a tailored treatment plan to ensure optimal results.
Say goodbye to unwanted hair and hello to a more confident you. Schedule your free consultation today and embark on the journey to permanent hair removal.
Unfortunately, Electrolysis is not for everyone. Please check our contraindications list to avoid disappointment.
Electrolysis should not be done in the following conditions:
- Blood disorders e.g. hepatitis, AIDS HIV.
- Cardiovascular disorders
- Electronic devices e.g. Pacemaker
- Undergoing chemotherapy or immune therapy
- Autoimmune disease e.g. Psoriasis
- Skin Infections e.g. Herpes Simplex or Warts
- Other Skin conditions: Rosacea, ezcema, dermatitis, sunburn, cuts, abrasions, recent wounds, bruising, or any unidentifiable skin condition
- Hyper/Hypo pigmentation problems.
- High blood pressure
- Age – any person under the age of 18 must have a parent or guardian consent. It is strongly recommended that the parent or guardian is present for all treatments.
- Anxiety/ stress (when servere).
- Depilatory creams (wait 2 weeks)
- Recent waxing/plucking (wait 4-6 weeks) Electrolysis requires hair to be in the Anagen (Growing) Phase to be effective.
- Refrain from plucking, threading, or waxing hairs in the desired treatment area. Shaving or trimming the hair to a comfortable length is acceptable so long as, at the very least, short stubble is evident.
- Arrive with the treatment area clean and free of makeup (if treating the face) if possible.
- The treated area should be cleansed gently but thoroughly. Always wash your hands before touching the area.
- A cool compress may be applied, followed by aloe vera, witch hazel or any soothing gel of your preference.
- Do not swim or exercise for 24 hours after the session.
- Do not expose treated area to the sun for one week, after which sun block is to be applied on treated area until complete healing is achieved.
- If scabbing occurs, Polysporin may be applied 1-3 times per day. DO NOT pick, rub, or scratch the area; allow scabs to fall off naturally as per the healing process.
- Do not pluck, thread or wax hairs in the treatment area between sessions.
- Shaving or trimming the hair to a comfortable length is acceptable between sessions.
- If facial treatment was received, you may resume using clean makeup when the skin both looks and feels back to normal.
- If you have any concerns, please contact us immediately.
|10min or less